Why is Duct Cleaning so Important?
It is no hidden fact that our air is becoming more and more polluted. Cars, the burning of fossil fuels, cooking indoors, global warming, and pets can do their share in polluting the air we breathe. Checking duct cleaning supply for homeowners is crucial. It's especially important for those who suffer from allergies and asthma. It can be a matter of life and death in some cases if a person with one of these conditions is forced to live in a home with dirty supply ducts. Also, mold spores can form in the vents and exchanges in a homes heating and air system which can cause health issues galore.
Can I Clean Ducts Myself or Do I have to Hire Someone?
Most people when they think about air duct cleaning always think about hiring a company. However, homeowners are able to find the duct cleaning supplies necessary to do the job themselves. Here is a list of just of the duct cleaning supply equipment homeowners can purchase to do their own ducts:
- Revolution Rods
- Rod Cases
- Duct Adaptors
- Small, Medium, and Large built brushes
- Drill drive adaptors
- Air Lines
- Air Wands
- Air Control Valves
- Airflow Regulators
- Viper fittings and heads
- Whip Material
- Support Blow
These are just a few of the pieces of equipment that duct cleaning suppliers offer homeowners. The elbow grease is left up to you, and you have the satisfaction of know you are taking charge of the air your family breathes. You can have peace of mind knowing you have taken the steps necessary to help asthmas and allergy sufferers in your home breathe better.
The Duct Cleaning Supply May be the Culprit
Sometimes the duct cleaning supply of your system is the culprit of your problems. It is important to check the exchanges thoroughly to make sure they are free of dust, debris, mold spores, water, and any other obstruction or pollutant. This will not only help everyone to breathe better, but it will keep the house cleaner meaning less time spent dusting in the long run. Sometimes it's amazing the sizable amounts of dust that will come out during a thorough duct cleaning! Most homes have several feet of duct work, so there are many areas where dust and debris can get caught in the heating and air system.
Important Things to Do and Remember when Cleaning Ducts
Your ductwork may be filled with unidentified flora and fauna that you don't recognize. Given your lack of knowledge on what these pollutants may be you need to protect yourself during the removal process. Here are some important things to remember while cleaning ducts:
- Always wear a protective mask over your mouth and nose, so you don't breath in molds or bacteria
- Gloves are essential when scooping out dust and debris from the ducts
- Keep arms and legs covered to minimize exposure to allergens and pollutants
- Try to have family members out of the house while the duct cleaning is taking place
- Keep children away from the area and especially those who suffer with allergies and asthma
- Ventilate the home by opening windows or patio doors to give the place a good airing out
- Be careful with the ductwork-don't jam the cleaning tools in too hard as it may do damage
- Remember that duct cleaning is not a one time deal-it needs to be done on a periodic or as needed basis especially if pets or people suffering from breathing conditions live in the home
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!